Battlefield 4 Second Assault map remakes revealed

Maps include fan favorites such as Operation Metro and Caspian Border.

Battlefield 4 gulf of oman
DICE will be releasing a Battlefield 4 DLC called Second Assault some time next year (the first DLC to be released is China Rising). Second Assault will include four new map remakes from fan favorites found in BF3.

According to the new Levolution trailer, it shows brief glimpses of those four maps, which are:

• Operation Metro
  • Gulf of Oman
  • Operation Firestorm
  • Caspian Border

We’ve previously seen evidence of Operation Metro on Battlefield 4. This was one of the most popular maps in BF3, but also one of the most notorious ones. Caspian Border and Operation Firestorm were popular with players, featuring a good mix of vehicle and infantry combat. Gulf of Oman was a remake from the BF2 map, but wasn’t as popular as other BF2 remakes, such as Strike at Karkand.

With Frostbite 3, Levolution, and all the other Battlefield 4 features, we’re sure the map remakes will offer plenty of fresh ideas.

What other popular maps from the franchise would you love to see remade for Battlefield 4? Let us know in the comments section!

TAGS: ,

74 COMMENTS & TRACKBACKS

1. Collision
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:56 am

Took you few days ? took me few seconds to find these maps 😀

• jACOBUS
      February 6th, 2014 at 8:13 am

Its stupid your actully paying for the same freaken maps from bf3 why dont they just take all bf3 maps and put it in bf4, they cant make new kwl maps

2. Johnny Neat
    August 23rd, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I’m over Metro making it back, considering Levolution, but how in the hell did Gulf of Oman beat Strike at Karkand?! I’m expecting every building to be truly destructible & bases stationed at better distances.

• Killzone VII
      August 23rd, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I’m with you, how the hell did Gulf of Oman beat Karkand?

• Tenzing
        August 23rd, 2013 at 3:57 pm

How did Gulf of Oman make it?! Its not even a vanilla map.

• Jesse165
          August 24th, 2013 at 9:47 am

Are you guys joking, how could it not be in it?! Every time I look for a B2K server I see Gulf of Oman 24/7 servers all over the place way more than Strike at Karkand!

• Greycrazygamer
            August 26th, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I believe it is because on consoles, Oman is much more popular than strike @ karkand. Don’t get me wrong, I love strike, but Oman is popular because it has a HUGE number of vehicles (compared to other console maps) and Is one of the larger maps on console. That’s my 2 cents.

• CAK3_1S_A_LI3
      January 3rd, 2014 at 1:26 pm

It’s a shame they didn’t include wake island, PUT THE DRIVABLE CARRIERS AND BATTLESHIPS BACK IN FROM 1942 DICE!!!!

• SuperTramp
        January 30th, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I agree completely. WHY isn’t Wake in here!

3. IVanSpinal
    August 23rd, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Maybe Kharg Island or Damavand Peak instead of Caspian Border would be better.
    But Caspian Border in Autumn looks better than the original

• Shamus
      October 8th, 2013 at 11:28 am

Yeah i was really hoping Kharg would make it, i would gladly take it over Firestorm or caspian, allthough caspian with 64players should be fun i only ever played on 360 with 24

4. Aootearoa67
    August 23rd, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I like Oman quite a bit and am very happy the map made it into BF4. Another map I would have liked to see is Noshdar, and Ziba was my CQ favourite.

5. skyfire
    August 23rd, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Should have done another Battlefield 2 or 1942 map pack instead, metro needs to go away.

6. Garuda 01
    August 23rd, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Where the hell is grand bazaar! D:

7. homer
    August 23rd, 2013 at 12:32 pm

im so happy that golf made the cut!
    i LOVE golf BEST map in bf3 for me!
    strike at karkand was nah for me played around 2 hours or so on it

• WOOT FTW
      August 23rd, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I at first thought you talking about the map “Par For the Course” from BFBC1.

8. Max
    August 23rd, 2013 at 12:44 pm

No Kharg Island?
    Also they should redo some of the endgame, aftermath, and armored kill maps.

9. Alex
    August 23rd, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I hope those buildings collapse on Gulf of Oman…

• George
      August 24th, 2013 at 11:21 am

I second that! I don’t see why they wouldn’t have that given the Levelotion stuff.

10. Patrick
    August 23rd, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Kharg, Harvest Day.

11. aeonlinux
    August 23rd, 2013 at 2:32 pm

let’s all be real, oman is the best overall map on bf3. it’s the most “complete”. i wished we could have gotten siene crossing over metro, but im actually not even mad.

• Legacy
      August 25th, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Not even close. Oman is good but far from best. Strike At Karkand has everything from tight urban fighting to open vehicle engagements.

• Greycrazygamer
        August 26th, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Unfortunately, that is not the case on consoles. The map only has 1 tank and 1 IFV per side. But on pc it has attack helis, jeeps, tanks, boats and IFVs. So for console, it’s most urban infantry combat. This probably makes DICE hesitant, and whether pc players (disclaimer: I have xbox and pc) like it or not, the large number of console player (customers) will influence their descisions.

• dollaz916
      October 31st, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I agree, Oman is my favorite because of that. Thats why its possible to play a 1500 or 2000 ticket match because you can be all four classes

12. yamsinacan
    August 23rd, 2013 at 2:49 pm

We should have had one map from each of DLC’s excluding Back to Karkand and Close Quarters. Especially considering Aftermath had the best maps in the game and the Armored Kill Maps whipped all of the big vehicle maps in vanilla. Plus, there should be 6 MAPS that should be added from BF3. Unlike BF2, BF3 is on an older version of the SAME ENGINE. Therefore, it should be much easier to port over the BF3 maps.

Operation Metro, Noshar Canals, Kharg Island, Alborz Mountain, Talah Market, and Sabalan Pipleline.

13. ThePersonGuy
    August 23rd, 2013 at 8:32 pm

where is Kharg Island and Damavand Peak. And idk why they remaking metro, only reason why people played it was because it ran with the highest frame-rate on people’s hardware.

14. mohammad
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:46 pm

i’m ok with the rest of the maps but why THE HELL you bring back stupid metro ?! it’s not a good map in generally was made for cod gamers so they don’t get lost in the open . if battlefield 4 will about ALL OUT WAR then it should have big maps with vehicles & not small maps .

• George
      August 24th, 2013 at 11:19 am

Eh, so what they include Metro. Might be better with more destruction and balanced points to the b flag in conquest. As long as they provide variation I’m not going to complain.

• mohammad
        August 24th, 2013 at 2:12 pm

nah…. you nearly can destroy a thing in the metro & in the outside you have buildings & cars so it’s not alot fun besides it’s 1# base abuse map & it’s not big as the other map which they provide vehicles & other cool stuff & if they gonna return it you’ll see it more than any map in the game with stupid rules so in the end BF4 maps should be BIG & GREAT .

• Greycrazygamer
          August 26th, 2013 at 9:03 pm

There have been screen shot of blowing open the roof of the metro so it maybe that the map is expanded under bf4… Also, I could totally see dice having a train crash Ingame with “leveloution”

• Rampage0077
            October 13th, 2013 at 4:19 am

You sir are right

• dollaz916
            October 31st, 2013 at 4:08 pm

All these maps gotta have some kinda expansion to them, there is no way to play Operation Metro on the Next-gen when its 32 vs 32

15. bludothesmelly
    August 24th, 2013 at 9:33 am

I liked the railroad map from endgame. See a train actually come through the map and derail would be awesome to see in levolution.

• Ted
      August 25th, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Yes Definitely. That’s currently my favorite map ‘Kiasar Railroad’. The train derailing is an awesome idea.

16. George
    August 24th, 2013 at 11:18 am

Well, I don’t about you guys but Dragon Valley should of made it as a map remake. Doubt that will happen 🙁

• DotAX
      August 25th, 2013 at 4:15 am

Hope for China rising.

17. DotAX
    August 24th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

WTF where is my Strikke at Karkand and Wake Island. They were in most of BF games so anyway sooner or later DICE will add them.

18. Chronicc
    August 24th, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Give me Dragon valley!

19. Noobslayerbob
    August 24th, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Am I the only one who’s bothered by Firestorm? I thought that map was pretty “meh” most of the time. I would’ve strongly preferred Kharg Island, especially since it’s nearly surrounded by water which could be made more interesting with the new engine features.

• Greycrazygamer
      August 26th, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I agree, the buildings at b made me feel like I couldn’t find anyone, and with only 24 players on console I did a lot of running to c capping, and then running to A, capping and then repeating because someone took C while I was running to A

20. Ted
    August 25th, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Alborz Mountain, Talah Market

2 of the Best maps, and underplayed.

21. Auslaender
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:31 am

First thing I am levelutionizing in Gulf of Oman is the big buildings that the snipers always hide in

22. The Iranian
    August 26th, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Well, they’re not obviously sticking to only BF3 vanilla maps with the inclusion of Gulf of Oman. For people who question as to why these four maps were chosen, it is based on what is the most-played. That’s why Operation Metro made it in, over, let’s say, Kharg Island.

• np
      September 16th, 2013 at 10:33 pm

no way gulf of oman was more popular than noshahr canals

23. Sam Collins
    August 27th, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I would like to see all the maps from bf3 to make a return.

24. Sam
    September 2nd, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Azadi Palace from Aftermath expansion pack was among my favorite maps of BF3. I had a few favorites from BF2 (pc) but no way any of those are coming back. Like the original BF2 version of Gulf of Oman. It was great before you rotated the map 90 degrees and made it into a long stretched ” A to B to C to D” map. Anyone who played the BF2 pc version will concur.

25. Rodolfo Dias Venancio
    September 9th, 2013 at 8:02 am

I want both, Strike at Karkand and Gulf of Oman!
    (But strike at karkand comes first on my list hehehe)

26. Vaibhav Choudhary
    September 14th, 2013 at 11:24 pm

NO,where the hell is “Noshahar Cannals” please add this map in BF4 second assault !

• np
      September 16th, 2013 at 10:30 pm

i agree, best map

27. np
    September 16th, 2013 at 10:30 pm

No noshahr canals, wtf the most popular map especialy tdm

28. Matt F
    September 17th, 2013 at 2:30 am

Where in the world is Seine Crossing? I expexted that one, its the best map ever.

29. Stevie6410
    September 18th, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I think they have missed a trick, bring back Fushee Pass!! It was Chinese so fits the DLCs, had loads of vehicles looked amazing, had dams for levolution, has the towers for levolution. And was awesome!!! Bring it back, drop Metro, drop firestorm and bring back karkand and wake…

30. Hawk_90
    September 29th, 2013 at 12:17 am

@Stevie6410, I agree, Fushe Pass was great and had warrety terrain, like canyons, bridge’s, dams, tower’s, great for only in bf moments:) Also, I dont like gulf of Oman in bf3, in bf2 it was better, and most of the time in bf 3 I played on Strike at Karkand (dispite it was cut of bf2 size ) and Sharqi…

31. Rampage0077
    October 13th, 2013 at 4:27 am

Bring back Canals and drop FS

32. christopher
    October 21st, 2013 at 11:04 pm

karg island alllllllll the way and canals

33. christopher
    October 21st, 2013 at 11:07 pm

metro suck but levolution will work well on it that would be the only reason why they would bring it back take out a few pillars and drop the roof on some enimies cant wait to see what they do with firestorm best map ever

34. cal
    October 25th, 2013 at 10:24 am

I would love to see a BFBC map come back, they were beautiful with the hills, small buildings and especially the fog. Ascension, Harvest Day, Over and out and 1 that really sticks in my memory Oasis.

35. FrontLine-Rev
    October 25th, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Hmm, I’m a competitive Battlefield player so the maps I would have preferred to come back are: Metro, Bazaar, Seine or Caspian and Karkand. Why they brought back Op. Sh*tstorm I don’t know, in my opinion Bazaar was a much better map.

36. dollaz916
    October 31st, 2013 at 4:04 pm

seriously, operation firestorm and caspian border??
    who was voting?
    My top 4 are

1. Gulf of Oman
    2. Seine Crossing
    3. Kharg Island
    4. Noshahar Canals

• Amaninashirt
      January 12th, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Ok good i thought I was the only one that thought 2 of those maps weren’t as good as other. Seine crossing was a sick map

37. ValleFps
    November 6th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Where da Hell is NOSHAR.
    Its was some of the Best Maps and we need a good Map for TDM.
    the vanilla maps of BF4 aren t good TDM maps 🙁
    The Noshar tradition must go on!

• Amaninashirt
      January 12th, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Dude for sure. I loved that map

38. Matt
    November 9th, 2013 at 12:28 am

On PS3 Oman was very popular, hosted by very many rented servers.

39. Curtis
    November 9th, 2013 at 4:43 am

I’d rather not have Gulf of Oman, never liked that map. They should replace it with Noshahr Canals

40. tyson
    November 11th, 2013 at 3:31 am

Whatever maps they include they should let us the users be able to move the objectives wherever we want in Rush and Conquest. This would make the servers more interesting and the maps more robust.

41. Johnny V
    November 11th, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Strike At Karkand without a doubt!!! 2 generations from BF 2 I still go back once in a while to play it on pc to get that full effect that fell short on consoles due to the maps being rescaled. Not playing it on BF3 on pc having not been a pc gamer for years, and the next gen consoles supporting the full size of the maps just like pc there’s a whole new dimension of that map to be experienced!

42. jon142010
    December 13th, 2013 at 10:15 pm

how can gulf of omen get in but grand bazzar and SIENE CROSSING !!! get cast aside what the fudge is that all about. in my opinon 24/7 max tickets SIENE CROSSING by far the best fps map of all time all the fun i had on that killing tank bummers and camping fags what more do you want??

43. Amaninashirt
    January 12th, 2014 at 7:47 pm

I wanted to see damavand peak return. That was my favorite map for rush.

44. UrbanRevive
    January 20th, 2014 at 7:53 pm

My favorite map from BF3 was nebanden flats (Most likely didn’t spell that right), I love CTF it was my favorite game mode.

45. The Governor
    January 24th, 2014 at 7:43 pm

HOW IS DAMAVAND PEAK NOT HERE!?!? I always played rush on that one map!!! I was always upset when it switched from the peak to metro, cause I HATE METRO!! That map is crap. IDK how anyone liked that map. DAMAVAND WAS THE BEST!!!!!

46. Mike
    January 31st, 2014 at 11:15 am

Bring back oasis..

47. Scott
    February 10th, 2014 at 11:17 am

Road to Jalalabad fo sho !

48. Scott Bennett
    February 10th, 2014 at 11:18 am

Canal’s and piss on Metro

49. muody
    March 12th, 2014 at 1:29 pm

The best map from BF3 for me was Seine Crossing! Please bring it back.