New Battlefield 4 patch coming Feb 13, plus new community challenge

New PC patch coming tomorrow, plus a brand new community challenge as well.

Battlefield 4 patch feb 13

DICE has announced that a brand new Battlefield 4 patch will be released on the PC tomorrow, February 13th. The specific patch notes will be released tomorrow as well. In addition to the PC patch, a new server patch will also be rolled out — this will be the 25th server patch since the game was released.

The last Battlefield 4 patch was released two weeks ago on PC and consoles, and while it fixed some issues, there were other problems that the patch brought with it. A lot of players have reported losing sound in the game since the latest patch, and it seems to be causing additional crashes on PC.

With the announcement of the patch, DICE also announced a new community challenge. This time, players are tasked with destroying 50 million vehicles from February 13th to February 19th. Last community challenge saw players collect 10 million dog tags.

Just like last time, all participating players will receive a gold battlepack. The community mission is open to all players across all platforms.

31 COMMENTS & TRACKBACKS

1. butters
    February 12th, 2014 at 11:06 am

new bugs coming, sweet!

2. Smithy
    February 12th, 2014 at 11:21 am

Great, now they’re releasing patches to fix what the previous patch broke. This way, nothing will ever get done…

3. homer
    February 12th, 2014 at 11:46 am

i so much rather have a gold battlepack then some 100% useless dogtag
    dogtags are so useless gold battlepack are nice =)
    and dont like DICE’s games? dont buy them its not like EA is forceing you to buy thier games or something

• Chance
      February 12th, 2014 at 8:52 pm

DICE have nothing to do with this. They would’ve spent probably another 6+ months on the game if EA hadn’t rushed them to compete in sales with CoD: Ghosts. It really irritates me when people put the blame on DICE. Ignorant people.

• butters
        February 13th, 2014 at 8:03 am

EA rushed the release but DICE is just as much at fault. The game has been broken for 3 months and they are not focusing on the major issues. Instead they are releasing patches that balances guns. How do you balance a game that’s broken. It doesn’t make any sense.

4. mohammad
    February 12th, 2014 at 1:03 pm

notice that every patch they release & after some time passing like a month or month & half the patch starts to die… & die… & die… & die… until everything return to crap as we see it right now lol .

5. Marius
    February 12th, 2014 at 1:23 pm

People complain about bf4… but the truth is that altough the game had a rocky start it is much much better now, i for one havent crashed since early jan on xbox one…. people crash so much on pc cause their machine is most likely outdated…
    As for bf4… its by far one of the most realistic shooting games out there, with the best gameplay, graphics and complexity.
    I mean seriosly what game out there allows you to be able to ride in a tank, fly in a jet, ride a boat, helicopter and so on all in one round while still being able to snipe some dude right in the face while dropping out of an AC130. NO GAME…
    So how can you complain so much lol, i mean theres no perfect game out there… but this is one of the best…
    As for people complaining about the price… uhm all brand new games are the same price…. that wont change for a while, grow up people.

See ya on the battlefield ๐Ÿ˜›

• mohammad
      February 12th, 2014 at 3:00 pm

here’s one ARMA 3 which allow to do that with mods supporting & despite it’s still not a fully launched game it doesn’t have bf4 problems .

• krokro
      February 12th, 2014 at 3:13 pm
    • Plakman
      February 12th, 2014 at 3:24 pm

There’s all the other battlefield games.

Say what you want,
      you can’t justify the state the game is months after the release.

Sure i myself enjoy the game a lot.
      But still crashing to desktop is the least they can fix.

Also, linking crashing games and outdated hardware proves to me you’re not much of a pc guy at all.
      A Game should be able to run on atleast 4 years old hardware on low settings. I can run it on high quality but i run it on low just to have those extra frames wich do help.

Without all those problems… then yes bf4 is the best game out there.
      It’s the only game i play until evolve is getting released lol.

• Exactly
        February 12th, 2014 at 4:41 pm

I like you. It’s that in between feeling that I feel as well. I love battlefield and I still play the hell out if it but I wouldn’t go as far as to say it doesn’t have some big issues. The most frustrating thing to me ( playing on xbox one) is me running around a corner and dropping dead (netcode) and gun unlock progression reset. Ill be trying to get the damn f2000 and I’ll only need one more assist ribbon and then all progress for the entire unlock gets wiped. Apart from these issues I don’t crash at all. I have frame rate drops from time to time but not so often for my hair to need to be ripped out

• marius
          February 13th, 2014 at 3:27 am

i am on xbox one also and i completly agree with ya on those terms but i am just saying that people make wayyyy too big a deal out of those issues…
          i mean people talk as if they expect a perfect game…
          as for the rest of the battlefield games… i am sorry but i am not gonna go back to playing bc2 because i played it 7 years ago and i had fun, bf4 is supperior to that…
          as for me saying there’s no other shooter out there that even comes close to bf4… there isnt… atleast one that is a full online multiplayer game, not to mention the 64 player matches.

As for the people who complained that they pirchased the “open betta for bf4” look at it this way… if you wait a bit longer you will find your self with both the beta and the full game ๐Ÿ˜› see you got a good deal.
          And maybe if you guys showed a bit more support and appreciation for the game… you would get a free map once in a while… like honestly the entire bf4 community is harsh as hell

• Plakman
            February 13th, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Ppl who complained about the beta need to learn to have fun…

I had like 70 hours in the beta alone…
            The random crap that happened there was just awesome :p

Offcourse the lag was annoying but hey trolling ppl in a broken game is fun you know. All the rage… worth my time ^^

But yeah atm i’m also one of the so called “harsh-community” guys.
            A desktop crash shouldn’t exist no more. ( on pc that is)
            And also the patch didn’t fix the sound issue as i had the looping start sound in tdm a few minutes ago. ( all other sound muted)

But yeah you gotta play battlefield for the fun, if you wanna go pro in a shooter you should play counter-strike or something alike.

And also i don’t think dice will ever give a free mappack…
            EA wants money for that shizzle so no… won’t happen.

• BL
      February 12th, 2014 at 4:15 pm

My PC isnt outdated, whats outdated is the crapbox one. I wouldn’t let someone pay me to play on that garbage.

• Yeah dog
        February 13th, 2014 at 12:09 am

^ I love this guy.

• Plakman
        February 13th, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Wireless technology man.
        You should try it sometime.

6. 11forlan
    February 12th, 2014 at 1:53 pm

but you responded defensively to the message, so you do care

a person who doesn’t care would just ignore the comment and proceed on with their lives, but your a fan boy who has to flip out every time a criticism is made to a game

7. BL
    February 12th, 2014 at 4:14 pm

…Fixes the sounds loop, adds a all new problem as yet seen but is coming.

8. Money
    February 12th, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Well I been a call of duty fan for awhile and this the first battlefield game I got but it keeps givin me error codes on the ps4 so fck bf4 and fck anybody on this page who got a problem wit it

• Chance
      February 12th, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Shut up, you CoD fanboy. Go play your low-res shitty Ghosts.

• Ouch!
        February 13th, 2014 at 10:38 am

I actually LOL’d at your comment in a public computing space!

9. BFK1W1
    February 12th, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Hopefully the there is another community mission along the lines ofโ€ฆ
    50 million resupplies + 50 million heals + 10 million revives at the same time.

Nothing that gets people dropping medic packs/ ammo boxes can be a bad thing.

10. Rich
    February 13th, 2014 at 2:18 am

Hahahahaha, The new update crashed Origin on me. How fitting.

11. Kamil
    February 13th, 2014 at 3:56 am

I wonder when the game will be a pleasing experience.

12. Chief Rob
    February 13th, 2014 at 7:23 am

Could everybody please calm down?? jesus, too much hate yet alot of these haters are still here…after saying many times they’re done LOL

I was thinking about the “Gold battlepack” we’re getting, i think MAYBE, **MAYBE** its something entirely new, maybe they will give out Second Assault, it kinda makes sense, why would they wait to give out the gold battlepack? we get them everytime we rank up & its just random stuff, so why wait to give them when we are currently getting bronze & silver packs everyday, i think they must be preparing to give out free DLC or atleast something new but thats a MAYBE lol

if this turns out to be just a simple gold battlepack with XP boost, camos, emblems & attachments, then yeah really stupid hahaha calm down! BF4 although it has problems, its been fun, way better than BF3, less frustrating more fun (gameplay wise -_-)

13. JACKO
    February 13th, 2014 at 9:33 am

OMG. Gamers are never happy. You try making a game!.. all gamers do is bitch and complain ON EVERY MESSAGE BOARD AND WEBSITE..lol its rediculous. bf4 is still the best fps IMO

14. bman9669
    February 13th, 2014 at 10:47 am

Second assault confirmed for Feb 18th and Navel Strike will release in March!

15. KingOfRedLions
    February 13th, 2014 at 10:07 pm

I’m pretty excited about this sea-based dlc, it could really fun if done properly. What I don’t like is the gold battlepacks from the challenges. I remember when there was a competition between xbox and playstation for bf1943 and the console that reached a certain amount of kills first, was rewarded with 2 maps. Dice could’ve at least given us a cool knife for getting 10 million knife kills.

16. Ryo
    February 15th, 2014 at 6:02 am

Great, the latest update of Origin today ruined it.
    I have permanent crashes on Battlefield 4. Before that it only happened very rarely. Now my machine crashed on different servers only afte a few minutes, now the 5th time in a row.
    So I can’t play BF4…

17. CombatChicken
    February 16th, 2014 at 11:05 am

Crashing since February update!
    Unlocks are too slow to receive.
    Battlepacks are BS
    Who cares dog tags.

I just want to play the game……….so much easier said than done. Game has cost me ยฃ40 in a couple of months ill “upgrade” to the bull shit “premium” just to get the additional. This game is good not brilliant which in theory it should be,

18. Scruffy
    February 16th, 2014 at 9:54 pm

So I haven’t had much for issues since launch, but the new patch I can take about two steps before it completely locks up. That or it dies on the spawn/loadout screen.