DICE testing new revive feature in Battlefield 4

Medics can now see how much time they have left to revive a teammate.

Picture this, you’re a medic in Battlefield 4 and you find several of your teammates down, each of them ready to revive. But which one of your pals most urgently needs to be revived before his timer runs out?

Until now, we had no way of knowing. The best thing you could do was to revive the guy closest to you and keep going. Now DICE is testing a new feature added to Battlefield 4 CTE, which shows a countdown timer of sort next to each revive option.

This small feature will no doubt help the medics out there to get their revive priorities right — knowing that they have enough time to get to the teammate and revive, or knowing which teammate to revive first.

The new revive feature is now live on the Battlefield 4 CTE (Community Test Environment). It doesn’t automatically mean that the feature will be added to the real game in the future, but we can see no reason why it shouldn’t be there — it has been requested by players since BF3.

Screenshot via Twitter

1. B3AST
    June 26th, 2014 at 9:40 am

This would be awesome

June 26th, 2014 at 9:41 am

It still dosent change the fact that people don’t revive

• K
      June 27th, 2014 at 8:16 am

I’ll confess I revive a lot less than I did in BF3. The game is less squad based than it used to be, and more run-and-gun like COD.
      For a couple of examples:
      – I would normally take a downed team-mate’s / enemy’s revive kit and revive them but in the time it takes to swap kits and get the defibrillator out they can no longer be revived!

– I hate revives in front of the enemy that is still shooting, so I finish off the enemy first then revive, and as the revival time is so short it’s hardly worth it.

I’d rather revive than carry a just a medkit, as many BF3 matches were won with revivals, but the game dynamics mean it usually not worth it.

This timer is a great idea, but for it to be really useful they should implement the idea they got rid of – longer revive times.

• mario
      June 27th, 2014 at 1:56 pm

noobs cried in bf3 saying people were rambo reviving and now that they changed it we are pretty much screwed.

3. Rich
    June 26th, 2014 at 11:34 am

How about a way to talk to the guy next to you that isnt in your squad?

• Name
      June 26th, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Type in team chat.

• Rich
        June 27th, 2014 at 11:56 am

Let me see, by the time I type in, dropping my gun while doing so, “there a helicopter coming up on your side of the boat”, and By the time the guy reads it. If he does? What do you think are the chances the boat will still be there?

The VOIP in this game is a joke. Lol Even the “join a squad” answer doesnt work anymore cause many squads have either broken up or play other games.

• K
      June 28th, 2014 at 3:03 am

I thought that was what the Commo Rose was for, no? Granted it’s not voice, but can be used for quick messages.
      I usually just aim/look at a team member and use it.
      So instead of it saying “[SQUAD]: *message*” it says “[TEAM]: *message*”

I agree, an ability to speak within an area around you to non-squad members could be useful, though I suspect there would be some ‘ghetto-blasters’ playing their music and abusing it.

• Insurgency
        June 28th, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Insurgency has 3D VOIP, IE you wan head those in your aquad and those that are near you. It works fine. will we see this in bf4? I wouldn’t bet on it.

4. HEMNX
    June 26th, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Nice is still dice.

5. mohammad-117
    June 26th, 2014 at 3:45 pm

yeah right….. except you have so much dumb teammates on your side won’t even care .

• LMG Support Gunner
      June 26th, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Yeah exactly, just like so many Support idiots who never throw ammo packs esp. when you are right in front of them and ask…. or Medics who see tons of wounded teammates and never throw their healing kits.

Those who understand Battlefield get a simple truth:
      To perform well, all you have to do is execute on the simple things. If you do that, you’ll have no problem rising to the top of your team’s point total.

• K
        June 28th, 2014 at 3:14 am

Totally agree!
        An even better tactic is to place the medkits / ammo boxes at strategic locations you know your team will need *BEFORE* they need them!
        This has enabled my team mates to stay standing and the extra round they are able to shoot puts down the other guy, even though they may have been at an initial disadvantage.
        Making a journey just to refill a recons ammo instead of shooting them & calling them a camper! I was MAV spotting the ENTIRE enemy team & destroying their mortar / spawn beacons & my own team member KILLS me! WTF?!

Not to digress from the topic, as mentioned before a timer is good, but the squad / team play should be enhanced. Though sadly I doubt it will as BF is in a transition to COD. 🙁

6. mjaul
    June 26th, 2014 at 6:32 pm

It will take more than this to revive the brand.

7. bobzouz
    June 26th, 2014 at 8:31 pm

after 8 month.. dice…

8. Tn0rr1s
    June 26th, 2014 at 9:17 pm

I really hope they implement this into the actual Bf4. I’m sure they will but couldn’t come soon enough…

9. David Boult
    June 27th, 2014 at 12:54 am

I would love a feature for you to be able to speak to people in choppers and tanks etc that aint in your squad.

10. Michael Tempesta
    June 27th, 2014 at 9:10 am

Didn’t they have that in BF3?

11. Sergio Hernandez
    June 28th, 2014 at 4:32 am

Maybe you can add more commands for the consoles

12. Ds6
    July 23rd, 2014 at 3:47 am

I disagree. Revive, then shoot. One medic vs. three bad guys, or one medic + some slightly less dead teammates vs. three bad guys?