More Battlefield 4 DLC coming after Final Stand

DICE has announced that there will be more BF4 DLC after Final Stand, which was supposed to be the last expansion pack.

bf4-sniper

Final Stand was supposed to be the last DLC, but now DICE has announced that there will be more content in the future. DICE revealed that they are planning on making more content for the game, and said that they’ll reveal the content in the near future.

There was no mention of what the new Battlefield 4 DLC will include, but we can make a few assumptions based on a survey that DICE is asking of players. The survey asks which old maps players would like to see remade for Battlefield 4, so we expect the new DLC will include some remade maps from previous games.

With the release of Final Stand, there are now 30 maps in Battlefield 4. 10 of those came with the standard game, and the remaining 20 were released as expansion packs over the past year. For more on the latest DLC, be sure to check out our Everything you need to know about BF4 Final Stand article.

We’ll have to wait and see what DICE has in store for us.

Now go ahead and vote for Strike At Karkand on DICE’s survey 🙂

TAGS: ,

18 COMMENTS & TRACKBACKS

1. Rivie
    December 10th, 2014 at 1:01 pm

LOL…so BF4 is free for a few days. Figure I give it a try and see for myself if it’s really that bad…WOW! What has been written about this game does not give it justice. This is the turd EA wish never existed…what a piece a crap. Lag , corrupt/artifacts in graphics, and the cherry on the cake on the period they want to promote this by giving it free for a few days…BF4 IS EXPERIENCING SOME CONNECTIVITY ISSUES WITH MULTIPLAYER AND BATTLELOG. WE ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE AND APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY BE CAUSING YOU.

LOLOLOLOL…no thanks. Played two matches which is one too many…uninstalled!

• Emme
      December 11th, 2014 at 8:42 am

Rivie,

You’re full of it.

Sincerely,

Emme

• V
      December 13th, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Yeah is all true, funny tho xd

• Wolfenstein 3D.
      December 15th, 2014 at 9:49 am

IT IS a bad game on PC, for me.

For some reason, I get better multilayer performance on my old PS3 than the PC version despite having a brand-new computer!

2. SamAdams
    December 10th, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Game is better than the kickoff date. The problem is it took way to long fix the issues. They lost the audience. bf3 has a bigger crowd. Never seen so many empty servers in bf4. Like blackberry ahead of the game, but than became late and people lost interest.

move on. nothing to see

3. Jason
    December 10th, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Your loss Rivie. I think the game is great. Looking forward to the old BF maps. I have been playing BF since 1942. I hope they spend more time on the technical side next time.

• Rivie
      December 11th, 2014 at 12:02 am

Jason,

Glad you like the game. I’m never going to harp on anyone for their opinion, but rather respect it, even if in this case I disagree.

Precisely because I have been playing since BF1942 was released and have close to 2000 hrs. on BF2, (I’m not even going to list the time I spent on desert combat or still spend on Project reality) is why I have issues with BF4 and more specifically EA/Dice. BF3 eventually got it together to an extent, but in my opinion it’s not and never will be a true successor to BF2. It’s too CODish. VOIP is subpar, teamwork is not encouraged, flight physics are all jacked up, and worst of all, can’t run your own server to name a few. Fantastic graphics though. I was really hoping that all I heard from BF4 was just internet noise, but I see it’s not.

I have a pretty beefy machine even at 3 years young, and play other games like Far Cry 3 at max settings averaging about 55-60 fps, with dips into the 40’s on occasion. I play several online games and rarely have any network, lag, or connectivity issues. A few matches of BF4 and I experienced all of these and noticed the message on battlelog in my original post.

So with all due respect, not my loss ;). Maybe I’ll try it again after the next patch or DLC and see what improvements have been made, but I have no trust in EA. They have destroyed other games and franchises other than the Battlefield series, like Madden and SIMS to name a few.

It’s the new gaming industry’s way forward and the majority of the consuming gamers will not change: have the lemmings prepay for games that are still not completely developed, release half-baked code, patch to death, hype the next big game, and cash in on the pre-paid lemmings all over again no matter how many times they have been burned, if they even realize they have LOL.

I’m glad the car industry is not this way. Can you imagine per paying for a Corvette, wait six months for delivery, and then when you go drive off the lot you notice the gas pedal only goes ¼ way down and the car will not go more than 25 mph. Then being told “oh yeah we didn’t do QA on this. Sorry. Well get right on that. Thanks for the 50K though, and don’t forget to check out next year’s model while we issue a recall for this years one”

• Tyrane
        December 12th, 2014 at 3:55 pm

rivie i like your logic and comparison to a car lmao. just changed my perspective of all this

• Chance
        December 17th, 2014 at 6:31 am

All of that aside, it’s nice to see another PR player here, haha.

4. JUN
    December 11th, 2014 at 4:53 am

BF4 is now ok to play but it took one year to correct it. Most of my friends went back to BF3! I have to say it is way better now even if there are still netcode issues.

Gamers still playing it are mostly playing objectives which was far to be the case at launch. Last DLC is a paradise for snipers, therefore for dogtags hunters 😀 Great to see some more free content coming to BF4!

• K
      December 11th, 2014 at 12:18 pm

“Free content “? I didn’t read that. Although the producer alluded to that on Twitter. Perhaps to premium players only? Though it should be offered to all who bought this game.

I’ll wait and see what comes up, no sense in getting any hope up. My gaming days are nearly done anyhow.

5. MaD661
    December 11th, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Nice! Good to hear more content is coming. Hopefully its just new maps. The weapons and gadgets portion is pretty bloated IMO. But, bloated games is what is making money in this time, so I can’t say more bloating isn’t expected.

BF4 is great though, never had any major issues other than the scheduled maintenance. My machine is pretty low end but still runs lag free since I bought the game. I have a fairly fast internet connection so that could be why. I’m still not sure why people choose BF3 over 4. BF2 I get because it has nostalgia like any other old game. I still play CS 1.6 every once in a while too. And someday I’ll probably pull BF4 out of an old box in a closet, load it up and have an awesome time with the memories!

Keep up the good work EA/DICE!

6. SUPRAMIKE2000
    December 11th, 2014 at 2:15 pm

I have been roughing this game since launch on ps4. It has and still has its issues but I still enjoy it. I don’t, however, believe that the dlc content has been confirmed to be free… My guess is it will be pay content. I have gotten everything promised from my premium membership, maybe not everything promised from the base game in the form of tech support, but still plan to purchase the new content. I think this game is pretty ambitious for counsel and has come a long way. With the advent of the cte servers it’s only getting better too. High hopes for the future of this game and this franchise. EA can’t screw consumers forever and still profit, an I realy don’t think that much of the blame lands on dice studios. But it’s just an opinion. Who knows?

7. WOOT FTW
    December 11th, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I would love to see Guadalcanal or Iwo Jima remade. Outdoor maps are the best. How about just a dense forest. Plenty of tress and shrubbery. Make it a thunderstorm too at night. Muzzle flash will show up well but the rain and thunder will make for great stealth.

8. dadeveryday
    December 12th, 2014 at 12:05 pm

i really hope that they bring back some of the maps from bf2 that havent been brought back yet. im not even picky about which ones really

9. Cobra233
    December 13th, 2014 at 7:57 am

all to vote Dalian from bf2 !!!best map

10. Wolfenstein 3D.
    December 15th, 2014 at 9:55 am

BRING BACK ARICA HARBOR FROM BC2.

Who can deny the memories playing CQ on this most venerable of maps?!!!

11. Person