DICE: all future Battlefield 4 content will be free

All future content will be free for both Premium and non-Premium players.

DICE: all future Battlefield 4 content will be free

DICE is working on a lot of extra content for Battlefield 4. We’re getting night maps, a brand new community map, and some unannounced content as well.

But Battlefield 4 players have been asking whether all this new content will be free, and DICE has now confirmed that, yes, all future BF4 content will be free of charge for all players.

DICE’s David Sirland confirmed that all future content will be free for everyone, that includes both Premium and non-Premium players. The new content includes both the new maps, and the upcoming Gunmaster game mode and new weapons.

The upcoming Spring patch will include the Gunmaster game mode and 5 new weapons, including the AN-94 assault rifle. All of these will be free for everyone.

In the future, the Night Maps update will include night versions of several maps, including Siege of Shanghai, Zavod 311, and Golmud Railway. You can check out some Battlefield 4 night maps screenshots here.

Finally, this Summer, DICE will release the brand new community map, which recently entered production. In addition to the community map, an unannounced map remake from a former Battlefield game is also in the works and will be released in the future.

Overall, Battlefield 4 players have a lot to look forward to in the upcoming months.

1. A gamer
    May 7th, 2015 at 1:56 pm

I wish they could be doing this for Battlefield 3 instead of this game

• donkey
      May 7th, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Battlefield 3? That is an old game name now ..why? Battlefield 4 has been out almost two years, that is what should be added to.

• Prettier than you
      May 7th, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Yeah man, I can’t wait for them to reimagine BF3 maps INSIDE BF3 for FREE!

• Gamer A
      May 8th, 2015 at 6:51 pm

Why? BF4 is better than BF3.

• Battlefield
      May 8th, 2015 at 9:43 pm

bf3 blows giant monkey tits…

2. snakeyecom1066
    May 7th, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Great news, night maps looking forward to playing these, An94 want it got it great. At last great news on bf4 need this as hardline is shire this new maps should take us up to battlefield star wars, battlefront, which is only going to be multiplayer, please dice we need single player campaign.

• Kenn
      May 8th, 2015 at 8:54 am

lol wat. Battlefield is a multiplayer game, and everyone knows that. Dice didn’t make hardline, and battlefront is also a multiplayer game. You might as well ask the Rolling Stones to release a rap album.

• kev
        May 9th, 2015 at 1:19 am

i’m guessing you haven’t played a battlefield game older than bf3

3. BL
    May 7th, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Too little too late, left this game months ago when all the low rent noobs paying next to nothing for the game showed up.

• blitzstar72
      May 14th, 2015 at 10:07 pm

“low rent noobs” what does that even mean? Haters will come up with any trash for the sake of trolling

4. Lane
    May 7th, 2015 at 6:37 pm

So why the hell did most of us pay full price for BF4 then? Seems like noobs should at least have to pay extra for the DLC since us early adopters had to…..

• Budbear2005
      May 7th, 2015 at 10:32 pm

Agreed! Why pay for premium n everyone gets stuff for free ?

• Kenn
        May 8th, 2015 at 8:56 am

All the premium stuff is still exclusive, it’s just future content being released for free. Hopefully this will help revive the online community, and convince more people to purchase premium.

• Eric
          May 8th, 2015 at 11:12 pm

I’ve paid for Premium, from the beginning, as I know how much time I will spend on Battlefield as a game, & I’ve more than had my monies worth.

Hopefully, releasing more content to all will not only keep the numbers up who are playing, but enable all the new material to go straight in to the main Vanilla servers as everybody has it.
          sometimes it can get a bit frustrating trying to find games on some of the dlc/certain game types, so for me, everybody having new material can only be a good thing.

• pidgen
          November 2nd, 2015 at 8:18 am

I started on PC wow along time ago with the first ever 1943 purchased premium for bf3 and yep the update has made me say to hell with it am going to go premium on bf4 too not tryed hardline as the you tube videos look like I may be disappointed will give it time and I see here its not made by dice Hmmmm! Caution alarm hit my wallet but I love all of them so I know I will get curious ! shame blockbuster shutdown here ! Could have rented it first
          So yep the update worked and i got the bow too!

• Yousk
      May 8th, 2015 at 3:58 pm

The only noobs here are the morons who keeps buying DLCs after BF3. Now Titanfall, a much superior game recently gave away all DLCs for free. I was pissed at first then I figured this could only increase the player base making the game last longer. So think before you spout nonsense.

• lordtinkleberry
        May 9th, 2015 at 1:42 am

Yeah because all the dlc being free has really made a difference to the 1000 people who play the game even when they were selling the game at a tenner with dlc made no new numbers

5. Ricky Tang
    May 7th, 2015 at 7:41 pm

what also killed BF4 every time they release a new map pack. The game is plagued with problems. Today its finally decent but the problem too many empty servers. Glad this pack is free to all and hope this brings players back.

• blitzstar72
      May 14th, 2015 at 10:08 pm

There is always full servers in Australia when I play.

6. Kevin kelly
    May 8th, 2015 at 5:33 am

Delighted for’s a good idea to give free to everyone as hopefully it will fill up maps again, but premium members from start that backed the game when all the problems existed should get some exclusive dlc..this game would not have survived without us….

• pidgen
      November 2nd, 2015 at 8:33 am

That is one of the most sensible comments I have read ……and I agree

7. Nerd Bull
    May 8th, 2015 at 6:57 am

expected to be

8. Baael
    May 8th, 2015 at 11:38 am

• CJT
      May 8th, 2015 at 1:46 pm

9. Chompy
    May 8th, 2015 at 8:11 pm

what do you all mean by ‘premium players backed the game’. you bought the game you nubs, you didn’t back anything. You back alpha projects, no multi million dollar franchises. But, I guess bf4 wasn’t much better than an alpha release when it came out so i can see how this might be confusing …

10. IACO
    May 8th, 2015 at 9:11 pm

im looking forward to the new content, hardline isent my cup of tea. I like that it’s free, but I don’t understand the mindset of people feeling entitled to some sort of prestigious position because they paid more for a product when it was newer. That’s like driveing past a used car lot yelling at the dealer because the person being handed the keys to a used car Dident pay the same sticker price they did two years ago.. Yelling that’s not fair I paid twice that ammount!! Give me something now because I’m entitled to it!!.. If I was new to a game, and it was two years old I wouldent bite if was still being sold at full price. I would swim right past it. In the end though it’s cool to see a developer still cranking out content and giveing it away to make their fan base happy. Especially after the rocky start BF4 had.

• Eric
      May 8th, 2015 at 11:15 pm

…well summarised that man.
      More people playing can only be a winner for all of us.

• yep
      May 10th, 2015 at 4:39 am

I’m just glad more players will be coming to this game. Will breathe some new life into it.

11. yep
    May 10th, 2015 at 4:42 am

DICE LA has been making good decisions so far. Perhaps you mean DICE Sweden?

12. K
    May 10th, 2015 at 9:28 am

Glad to hear it is free to all players and I look forward to the content.
    It is not only Premium players that bought a broken game, we all did. The game being broken was the reason I never bought premium or the next gen versions.
    If only they admitted the issues from the start, instead of marketing Hardline before admitting problems after the player backlash that caused. What’s done is done.
    I may come back to play the game to try out the new stuff but most of us have moved on. The lessons have been learned -never pre order.

• blitzstar72
      May 14th, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Give it a go, dude. It runs fine now. Haven’t had any issues what so ever for a long time 🙂

13. horaison
    May 12th, 2015 at 2:05 am

I play on BF4 / Hardline but battlefield3 inside veins

14. julio201434
    May 16th, 2015 at 12:51 pm

It is may 16th and the update was supposed to be on may 10th. Not to be pushy but where’s the update?

15. 5m0k3_7r33z
    June 29th, 2015 at 10:52 am

Just release mod tools, im sure the community can do a hell of a lot better job than dice ever could 4 fixing this still partly broken game.

16. Paul
    July 27th, 2015 at 10:45 am

Does anyone know where I can get my money back for BF4 after that new patch update. I am serious.

17. punch3870
    September 1st, 2015 at 12:19 pm

so, the night ops is free. just got the update file done, looked at the night operations in quick match, “buy dlc”. WTF?! THIS ISN’T FREE FOR EVERYONE! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?! EA IS FULL OF LIES! and i was so hyped for night operations too. everyone will probably just see everyone as clear as day or camp all match long anyway.

• CatFood101
      November 4th, 2015 at 11:10 am

i had the same problem (on ps3) you have to go into ad-ons and download night ops separately in the playstation store.