The Battlefield 4 system requirements will be similar to those of BF3 since the game is built on a similar game engine. While the Frostbite 3 engine features numerous visual improvements, it also sports performance enhancements.
This means that gamers with a wide range of PC hardware will be able to run the game. As any modern game, the Battlefield 4 system requirements will take advantage of powerful hardware to deliver great visuals at playable frame rates.
Battlefield 4 system requirements
The minimum PC system requirements for Battlefield 4 are expected to be:
- Dual core CPU (Intel Core i5 or AMD “Bulldozer”).
- At least 4 GB main system memory
- Graphics card with at least 512 MB of VRAM and support for DirectX 10
- 30+ GB of harddrive space
- Windows Vista
Recommended system requirements
The recommended PC system requirements for optimal visual quality and frame rates:
- Quad core CPU (Intel Core i5 or i7) at 3 Ghz
- 4 GB memory (8 GB for 64-bit operating systems)
- A modern DX11 graphics card with 2+ GB of video memory, GeForce 600 series or Radeon 7000 series
- Windows 7 64-bit operating system (Windows 8 is supported as well)
- 30+ GB of free harddrive space
Battlefield 4 is slightly optimized for AMD hardware, since the game also runs on next gen consoles, which are powered by AMD CPUs and GPUs. This means that gamers with AMD PC graphics cards might see a slight advantage.
3Both Nvidia and AMD offer Battlefield 4 optimized PC drivers. Be sure to also check out our Best graphics cards for Battlefield 4 article, with an in-depth analysis on the best GPUs for the game.